Wednesday, October 12, 2011

On Having Two Incredible Little Boys And Having No Time To Write.

First, some housekeeping.  Special thanks to Rachel Held Evans (who blogs here) and Alise Wright (who blogs here) for driving an absurd amount of traffic to my last post.

So, it's been a couple of weeks since I've written here, and I promise, I have a good excuse...and that excuse is right here:

Asher Jeremiah Harms was born on September 27th, so cut me some slack.  :)


Now it's after midnight 2 weeks later, and this is literally the first moment I've been able to find the time to write anything.  Not surprisingly, my mind is pretty fixated on the two wonderful little human beings sleeping within a dozen feet of my right now (and their seemingly invincible, indefatigable mother).  Honestly, it's hard to feel anything but overwhelmed right now.  

Overwhelmed with how blessed we are to have had two perfect births of perfect little babies.  
Overwhelmed by the supernatural ability of new parents to operate on virtually no sleep for days on end.
Overwhelmed by the sheer volume of diapers moving in and out of this house

But mostly, I'm overwhelmed with the responsibility of stewarding these boys (and their future brothers and sisters) to be the men (and women) God wants them to be, but I must say, I look forward to walking in it with them.  

The oldest, Ethan, is pretty incredible already (as you can see), so I'm assuming the new one is going to be equally awesome.  Anyway, I promise to be back sooner this time.  I've had an incredible couple of weeks, and I've had the pleasure of hanging out with both my immediate and extended family.  The richness of experience and depth of love that I experience (in spite of all of our shortcomings) when I spend time with my family always tends to get my wheels turning.  Right now I have roughly six posts ruminating, each one nicknamed for a different family member and based off of a different conversation I had with (or about) them.  Hopefully I'll find the time to write them all out soon.  

In the meantime, peace to all of you.  I love all three of you.  :D

1 comment:

  1. Pure Awesomeness.

    My boys are 8 and 6, and I still don't have time to blog, but hey, I'd rather not miss a night of wrestle time (as we call it).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...